Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Update on the move

We found a sweet place just outside of Kinkade Park today! love it, love it, LOVE IT! We get to play with numbers now. I tend to try to keep chill about stuff till anything actually happens I guess it prevents disappointment? A good example of this is like when Im delivering a baby its not until I am crowning am I willing to believe a baby is REALLY on the way. With the purchase of a house, I wont commit to the move until we are meeting with escrow and signing final docs..lol! I really don't know if this is meant to be or not, I guess prayer would be a really great thing now. Heres the thing...I have had this tenuous prayer relationship with Heavenly Father for about the last 7 months. I kind of promised never to ask for anything ever again if he would just help Rowynn. You know how when Heavenly Father makes a promise he keeps it?He did an amazing job on his end of the bargain. I am not about to break my end...I do however thank him everyday. So maybe I just thank him for the opportunity. I know all this sounds lame, but I am just trying to figure all of this out. I guess I am looking for some clue to know if this is the right thing. I haven't tried looking at my scriptures yet. Maybe that will work..idk

Our teenagers are at EFY this week. Nice knowing they are supervised and that somebody else gets to lose sleep over them for a few days (oops ;-). Crazy how quiet the house is with just 6!, lol!I hope that they come away with some great lessons. Right before I dropped them off Chase and Jared and I had a little run in. It had something to do with Chase being 18, and it being insanely unreasonable having to abide by ridiculous request as leaving his cell phone at home for the next 5 days. Well you guessed it, it became a power struggle, and.... I "caved". My explanation?...It was only 10 minutes before dropping them and I didn't want it to be a "deal breaker" on whether or not he went or not. I know I need to do the "don't let your kids push you around" thing...but THIS year is the last time Chase can even go to EFY. I want so much for him to GLEAN SOMETHING!!I guess his ideas of late, have me ever the slightest bit concerned. Between joining the military of going to DJ school and wanting to own a.. dance club.....The ideas that I have of his next 10 years cause me to feel very anxious. Anyone with kids knows that YOUR idea for your child future is certainly the Best! This "free agency" thing is great until your kids claim it with a "death grip ferocity" that would scare any nurturing loving parent into questioning the very principle we all enjoy. sigh, this too shall pass? please tell this part to hurry up :-s

4 comments:

Melinda H. said...

We were just driving by some houses over there. Which one are you looking at? Greg keeps teasing me and so I am sure we aren't buying a home for a few more years. I think that prayer is a good thing to help guide you in a decision, but I think finding a house is more a financial decision. If it works with your budget then go for it. Also, we went through a house up DeArmon. 7500 sqft pimp house. It is liveable, but needs tons of work. They are only asking $430,000. It has 7 bedrooms, tons of bathrooms, 4 car garage, plus another down below. It could work out easy for a big family and you could slowly do the work of upgrading it as you go. Good luck! Will I ever see you again? Is Lisa still living with you or have they left?

Eden said...

The one we found one on Tarsis? its right out side Kincaid Park. We haven't seen the DeArmon house yet. Ill ask my Realtor about it. I dropped the boys at scouts tonight and picked them up.I saw your boys, I looked for you...but we had to get going.

Melinda H. said...

Katie Russell brought Hunter home since Greg is at older kids scouts and usually I've already put my babies to be by the time it's time to pick Hunter up. I am in charge of the program for the stake baptisms. Seth will be getting baptised in September right? I heard your kids are practicing a musical number for it? Let me know. As for camping, it's not as relaxing when you have to chase babies all over the place.

Eden said...

yes Wade and Connor both play violin. They want to do a song for Seth's baptism. Lisa left on July 1st. They all have been staying in a 1 bdrm since they got there.Obviously a very temporary situation while they house hunted~lol! but dang!They just found
a great house so that should improve things dramatically for them