Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What to do if you don't have a diaper..and must get creative

So I was talking to my sister the other day (online)And I remembered an event that I really cant believe I had forgotten~ Between us I know we could compile a book with real mom disasters. Designed for the moms that take life way too seriously.We agree we may have created the next best seller lol!!Having a abundant amount of children makes for some GREAT stories...duh!, that is after you stop crying about how big of a failure you feel like AT THE TIME!

So how do I start. Jareds Ex-wife was in town visiting with Chase and Dan'Yelle. I will described her. Pretty, skinny, knows how to apply make up really well~ and removes it AFTER her husband goes to sleep and its back on before he wakes..Okay slight exaggeration there but wouldn't be caught dead in public w/o makeup. She is VERY old school southern, complete with the most intoxicating accent ever(to Jared), unless you piss her off (me). She had 2 kids, the first arrived when she was just 17 Chase and 18 moths later Dan'Yelle.
Certain kinds of moms scare the #&*! out of me. Moms that have had lots of motherly nurturing from their OWN mothers; mothering seems just easier to them because they have HAD support. Then the Moms who's kids have out grown all the annoying icky things little kids do ...somehow they "suppress" that their kids did all the same stuff,sometimes WORSE idk~I find them to be very quick to point out error. I had 3 under 5 y/o. Perfection not in my vocab...pure survival was what we lived..

So trying to be the good little entertaining hosts...yes they all stayed at our house. We decide to go to the aquarium in downtown Seattle. Great idea! We all piled in our vehicle and off we went. We had remembered to bring a stroller,even extra formula. No sooner had we entered the aquarium Connor relived himself #2. Now This kid pardon my sedgway here, has some food allergies causing him to create the most noxious smelling diapers imaginable. Kelly immediately noticed. Said something about the smell,w/e and I looked all around the stroller. I HAD actually forgotten diapers and wipes.OM STINKING goodness (literally)
I did, what any well trained mother would do .Looked up and down the corridors of the aquarium for ANOTHER MOTHER that had a diaper bag! There is a members only club you see, Your in one and YOU DONT even KNOW it! Its where if you see a mom needing a diaper..and You have your own well equipped diaper bag with you, you give to the other mom a diaper wipes. No money is involved, even though at that moment you would give the "prepared" a $20 just for not making you feel like a horrible mother. Club rules: a you gratefully thank that mom, and remember to pass the favor on if ever you ever are given the chance. The other mom goes the other way sometimes you get a name,usually not though...Its understood that they did a good deed and your usually your too busy trying to keep the excrement from seeping onto the babies clothes. Sigh.
Back to the Story, No Mom with a diaper bag ANYWHERE I looked for 10 minutes.
Now some know this others don't, I was in the Navy. If there is a job to be done it really dosent matter HOW the job gets done...just as long as the mission (visiting the aquarium) is accomplished. So I brought Wade with me to the bathroom with his very "ripe" baby brother and purchased 2 sanitary napkins. Wade is watching Connor to make sure he dosent Jump off the counter. I ask Wade..."wade how would you like to go commando today?" ( commando is w/o underwear) Wade says "well you wont get mad?" Why am I not gonna get in trouble?" I explained Connor was gonna try potty training today , but he need these special pads just in case be peed. inquisitive Wade, "well isn't that kinda like a diaper?""Yes Wade, it is, but it is more like a pull up. Connor needs your help to practice...He may not be ready, but that's okay too You will be part of helping me test if he IS READY by lending me YOU underware" At that Wade handed me his underwear pulled back on his pants and I put 1 sanitary napkin in the bottom of the underwear and we made it through the rest of the day. *Side note Connor did peed again, no big deal,Wade announced loudly on the way home that Connor was definitely not ready for potty training , especially because HE NEEDS to get some of HIS OWN underwear.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! What a great story!!! thank you for sharing :-)