
This whole pageantry world has me doing things I never have considered doing. Remember now, Im the girl that thought going to Fred Meyers and buying a box of color was normal "up keep". Then few years and a few more babies arrived and I got adventurous, and purchased the highlighting kit. It looked easy enough,but when I took the two pronged applicator out of the box and read the directions...I was grateful Jared was there to place the highlights evenly all throughout my hair.
I have graduated from sitting on a stool in the kitchen while Jared patiently parts my hair into sections and uses the trusty applicator that comes w/ the Herbal Essences highlight kit.He was really intense about making sure that it was even, that the timer was set, and that each streak looked like a streak "not a glob of blonde"...I actually miss having Jared do that for me. He did a great job,I liked that for 45 min he was completely devoted to playing w/ my hair. I just read that last part to him and he insists; he is not an in the closet hair dresser lol!...He is more like the Zohan. Some of you saw the movie, I didn't. In summary, its a movie starring Adam Sandler, about an Israeli spy who wanted to quit his job and just cut hair in America.
Shortly after moving to Alaska, daughter of a friend of mine opened a salon. I had just had Liam (btw...I was a mess)and as a treat~ Jared gave me a gift certificate to Radiance to get whatever I needed done. I hardly go every 6 weeks like I should, and I still buy my base color at Carrs. I have however over the last 3-4 years make it a point to get my highlights done and a brow wax on an as needed basis.
Now I am running for Mrs Alaska. I know how to roll my own hair...with hot rollers~Seriously I didn't even think people DID THAT anymore. I've seen people on TV and in movies in hot rollers...but I didn't get it I guess. Now I LOVE them. I Put the rollers in , do my make up ~hair is out of the way in rollers...how clever. finish my make up take my hair out of rollers tossle it around till it looks right and SPRAY. I'm not having to plead with Angel to "make me pretty"! before some event. I'm learning how to do my make up~Angel still does that way better.
Oh the point of this entry. The pageant people have posted all of the candidates for Mrs Alaska on their web site. If you click to the site, you can vote on who you choose as Mrs Photogenic for the Mrs Alaska Competition. I would appreciate your vote, but seriously...there are alot of beautiful women in this competition... You can vote 1x per day till June 5th. Also If you copy the link and send it out to all your friends and family, that would be AWESOME!
Yes I m scared, not of losing~ but of permitting myself to be proud and to shine as brightly outwardly, as I feel in my heart of who I have become;a happily married, mother of 8, sister ,friend, grad student, aunt, daughter,mentor
http://www.mrsak.com/2009_pageant.htm
Monday, May 25, 2009
And the Competition begins....
Posted by Eden at 4:44 PM
Labels: Challenges, creativity, Marriage, Moms, pageants, parenting, women
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment