Monday, February 2, 2009

2008 late post OLD

January 24
amazing nurse story
The surgery went really well-she is just really struggling w/ the pain management all yesterday which is making me very confrontational? w/ the nurse lol?.... IDK Rowynnn isn't a whiney baby. She crawls around normally all the time and rarely fusses unless she gets bonked w/a toy by Liam or something. So her being in real pain and nobody can fix it...pisses me off. Even maxed on her doses of Morphine yesterday she still was jolting every 15-20 min from pain.

Today is better. The night charge nurse was old, really old like older than my grandmother old. She walked all slow and had a little cardigan sweater over the top of her little nurse outfit. She came in last night and Rowynns Night Nurse, literally bowed her head and moved out of the way so that this old woman could come in and examine Ro. She did this totally thorough exam- I stood back and said NOTHING. I wanted to see if SHE saw what I had been seeing or if I was being overly upset over her tummy looking bruised ....and the swelling and the PAIN. When she finished looking at everything and looking annoyed at this and that monitor she said. I don't like morphine for belly surgeries ...it doesn't work for crap!

She took a phone out of her pocket and asked who her surgeon was I told her. She called and said " Im noticing this and this-dont you USUALLY do this and THIS? She said Of course thats what you ment, doctor I ll see to it right away.. I was just standing there. The little old nurse said we are going to try a different plan to make Rowynn more comfortable and she did all this stuff and Ro slept like 3 whole hours before she had any need for further pain meds. When she came back in she was like, smile and a wink...better?! I just nodded THANK YOU..."much better"Tears brimming over my eyes...much better...

0 comments: