Have you ever held a balloon out the window of a car while the car is driving? Well as you go faster, it becomes harder and harder to hang onto the balloon,the balloon becomes harder and harder to hold and eventually you either let go of the balloon or pull it back inside the car.
Simply put in this analogy of the balloon,The car has been "my life" and my spirit is best represented by....yup, the balloon!
What a wild ride it has been this past 5 years. I have on so many occasions beckoned to the driver of the car to, "Slow the heck down!"
Nobody has slowed down,Life has in fact picked up the PACE! . I'm a little wind blown, but still intact, lol!I dont know how else to explain how tremendously
difficult it was to be just barely hanging on for as long as I had.Another analogy would be re-taking tests..well their not nearly as nerve racking as the first test.
I am a spiritual being having a human experience~ I did NOT come up with that on my own . I wish I had,lol!I would have made bumper stickers and shirts and EVERYONE would know what I am just finding at 35! It is however, the most enlightening thing I have heard in so very long.
I have spent much of my life trying to "morph" into many different variations of what I thought people expected for me . All the ideas I have ever really had about what or who I was supposed to be, were based on expectations of what I THOUGHT everyone wanted me to be. Not once have I really thought, and pondered and prayed about what my Father in Heaven wanted for me . I would be willing to bet that I would have found peace alot sooner in life, if I had asked a little bit earlier,lol!
If my life is the car driving down the road, why the heck is it driving so fast?! I guess it has just been feeling like it has been blaring down the highway because I have been so spiritually detached.The only thing I can figure is that all the worrying I have been doing about what EVERYONE was thinking, displaces the focus of our spirit, From a spiritually minded individual(Matthew 6:33), to a secular/of the world minded person (Matthew 6:2) I am enjoying the sightseeing part of this life of mine. I feel very fortunate to have so many people to enjoy the sights with. The family I have been blessed with, the friends I have made along the way, are friends I know will be part of my forever. GRATEFUL...Thats what I feel right now.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Figuring it out..Finally? or is it just being over 35. Lol!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It was great to see you today!! The girls are so in love with their necklaces:) Be glad you've figured things out at 35- I'm still working on it at forty!!
Figuring it out..havent got it YET but Im GETTING in lol! Yay! Im glad they liked them!
Post a Comment