Gone are the days when I worry about what every one is thinking about my parenting,personal style or state of havoc that's at my house. Don't get me wrong, I still worry. I guess now its more about being the kind of woman that recognizes how many blessings I have.With the many challenges that have come in the last 6 months with;job security,health,family and wayward children~ I have started to notice amid all the torrid situations, a strength and faith in my family.
Jared and I received a letter from the quorum of the seventy notifying us that our daughter Dan'Yelle has been attending church in boot camp. Months ago, during a particularly trying time we made a decision, to start reading the scriptures every night. Usually it works out to be about 1 chapter. We follow the scripture up with prayer, each night someone else is asked to offer the prayer. Every child called upon has remembered to pray for Dan'Yelle to have strength during her ordeals in boot camp.
Those who don't know us very well, this may seem small. Those who do, know that this is HUGE. If your thinking I'm going to tell you it was easy, not as difficult as I thought...I cant. I can only tell you that there are rewards!
1. Getting everyone in one room everyday~
2. Feeling the spirit tell me that my kids will thank us for this someday~Peace
3. Being told by our 8 year old~"good lesson"...
4.Kids that spend the night at our house know, and look forward to prayer and scripture study.
5. I know & feel we are doing our personal best at parenting these kids.
We have actually made a permanent change to our family. Altered our course completely.
If you want to try to make positive changes in your family there are some things you should know.
2 y/olds will not sit still, so let that idea go.
4 y/olds can deal with being reverent for about a minute and a half
6 y/old will antagonize & WILL be disruptive~however they are great at rounding everyone up.
8 y/olds will give you great answers not always applicable to the lesson..that's okay
10 y/olds may seem like they are not paying attention,if you call on them they may surprise you
12 y/olds know everything~ so call on them alot
13+ eye rolling is to be expected~don't let it get you down they are paying attention...
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Great is the reward
Posted by Eden at 12:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Great post Eden! You've inspired me!
You're dead on with the ages :) I only have the 13 yo to show up soon. Zoiks!
Sounds Awesome!
You are so nice! I'm glad you added me on...consider yourself officially added to my sidebar as well. :)
Yeah, reading is a huge struggle- you really get major points for that!
This was a funny entry...I can relate!
Good for you and your family. I can completly relate with the difficulties of making the right things priorities(maybe not with as many kids) but theres always something. I to have found the blessings in sacrifice.
It made me giggle that we have the same background on our blogs. Great minds think alike!
Post a Comment