Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Finding Balance....anytime now would be great!

Loving school. It rocks to have "brain food"! I love learning & reading about ideas and theories. I guess the problem is more of how to manage all this STUFF!

kids,Sleep, Social Life...Spirituality, messing around on the computer, Child care, Marriage,cleaning the house,Projects, Studying organizing my family,time to think,working out,planning dinners,grocery shopping,keeping up w/ what is going on w/ each child;their homework,friends,teachers ect. being an attentive wife,laundry,church activities,cook for client....

How HAVE I been handling it? hmm.


I have been doing..the BARE MINIMUM to exist!
Seriously... I have been HIDING from everything. yup, its sad but true.


Stuff I NEED for sanity:

~routine. routine routine!
I think I like to pretend I don't need to be organized. I do need organization! There I SAID IT! I am positively miserable when I don't have a plan! on my non school days I try to be free and just play things by ear. I am going bananas! My laundry is piled high, I have no idea whats for dinner and I am so grumpy


~working out is paramount to me surviving.
Sadly I haven't been to the gym since school has started.When I go, I manage stress better and I somehow get more done in my day EVEN though I block out time ~doesn't make sense but its true.

I never like to go to the gym until I have accomplished SOMETHING at the house.
I'm not talking Martha Stewart clean, psh. like THAT would ever happen lol! but I have to be able to leave and be away somewhat guilt free. Kinda hard Ro and Liam are little hurricanes that leave mayhem and mass destruction everywhere they go..kinda frustrated with all that right now.


I have decided to start nap time back up for Ro and Liam
. I put them down today and they are still out!They have been down for 1.5 hours. Who would have thought?! There was a lot of fussing w/ them to get them to cooperate. This napping thing, may well save my sanity yet. Why did I ever think they didn't need them anymore?

I totally realize that I get props for even going back to school. I just have these freaky expectations about how I should handle it all. I know I'm not the only woman w/ children to do school and raise a family. I just need to figure out how to make it ALL work. I feel a little like Im balancing on a ball, juggling and spinning a hula hoop.All that is great, especially if I was super skilled at any ONE of those things,lol! I think the lesson in all this is going to be... I have some SERIOUS SKILLS....hey, I can HOPE can't I????!

1 comments:

Kasey said...

i love a routine.
and maybe a teeny tiny bit of excersise.
xo